Snow What?

It's been snowing for 3 days and still continues. I think I may have prayed too hard for moisture. Here is my pickup wearing a snow hat:



I had to head out to the farm today to check on my poor snowed-in seedlings. First, though, I had to get out the front door of the house.



I managed to get to my pickup and head down the road to the farm (in 4wd low). Lucky for me, my neighbor Jerry ended up in the ditch on his way out to check on his cows. Adam and the tractor pulled him out and blazed a path for the both of us.













After he got Jerry to his cows, Adam came back and drove down the farm's driveway so I at least had a chance to get to the farm.



I moved as fast as I could to take care of my seedlings in the greenhouse and gather what I needed. With the wind blowing from the north and the snow continuing to pile up, I figured I didn't have much time before my tracks filled back in.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I envy y'alls adversity. Perhaps, it is because of the fact that it is all a part of living where you are and I want to live in the great wide open also. I always have.

    Instead, I live in the coastal south. I am not complaining because it is beautiful here and this is where I have been called for now. However, I was raised to be a farm boy and I am not now. My wife, a southern belle, would start to cry if she saw that kind of weather this time of year- everyone in the south would cry and crash their vehicles!

    I am envious of the country life y'all live. It seems a natural one.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...