Duh

An update on the tractor tire: it's been fixed. I'm more than a little embarrassed to say that my first reaction upon seeing it flatter than a pancake was to call in the experts. I called Ron the tire guy and he said he'd come out and look at it, and depending on what was wrong with it, it could cost over $300 to repair it or over $1,000 to replace it.

When I told my father-in-law Clyde about the tire, he asked me, "did you try to pump it up?" Uh, no. Why do that? It makes too much sense. I just hope the winter froze my brain and it hasn't thawed yet, and it's not an indication of some larger personal ineptitude. As a so-called farmer, that should have been my first thought - pump it up. So Clyde came out the other day (on his new leg - see this post for an explanation), pumped it up, discovered the valve was shot, replaced the valve, pumped it up, and there the tire sits, plump and happy. As for me, I think my brain has a flat. Now who can I call to fix it?

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you're just a little rusty from the winter break. . .I'm sure there's nothing permanently wrong with your farmer brain.

    Thanks for the watering can tip, Courtney. We're ordering one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ: If it is as you say, then perhaps you should consider retiring, with or without a new valve. Can you do that to a brain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi vay, just had to spend $500 on two new eggmobile tires. They were probably fifty to sixty years old though and complete hamburger. Well, actually, not as bad as the other two, but these were from the back axle (of course the rims are different on the front axle) and the axles are welded on, so that's that if you're going to drag it around in a tractor...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...