Week in Photos

On Father's Day, the two best crops ever.

Sleeping baby.
From Super Willa...

...to Whitewater Willa.

Irrigating the hay field.

Eggplant, basil, and peppers.

Milk thistle rows.

Orchard leafing out.

Pea cover crop.

Willa was playing with corn seed while we started cukes in the greenhouse. This is the result.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of growing going on over there! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about Milk Thistle... is this an edible plant? How is it used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milk thistle is a medicinal plant. The seed is used as a liver detoxifier.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see the milk thistle full grown. I grew some in a too small patch in my herb garden once. I had to actually burn it down to remove it in the fall. Such a beautiful and primordial plant, but lethally sharp! Would be a great theft deterrent in a hedgerow or under windows, too. What will you do with it? Tincture?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...