
So, the next night I moved all but the onion trays back to the germination rack where I thought they'd be safe. I surrounded the onions still in the subgreenhouse with mouse traps. In the morning, the peanut butter bait on 2 of the 4 traps were licked clean because the traps didn't spring. One trap was untouched and the the 4th had a dead mouse in it. When I checked the trays on the germination rack, I discovered the rack is not mouse proof. More of my cabbage seedlings had been munched and my just-seeded cabbage and pepper seeds had been dug up and eaten, leaving just the outer seed shell.

Needless to say, the germination rack and the subgreenhouse have about a dozen mouse traps scattered between them. Yesterday was the first day of spring and when I check on my trays this morning, I'm praying it's the last day of the open house mouse cafeteria.
No comments:
Post a Comment