So Moved

We finally made the big move to Conrad from Missoula. With the help of Court's brother Steve (and Renee and Sam) and dad Clyde, we loaded up 2 flatbed trailers, 3 pickups, and 2 cars with a lifetime of Court's stuff, a lifetime of my stuff, and 4 years of Court's and my life together (plus 3 cats and 1 dog). We (just me, actually) had essentially accumulated a farm's-worth of things before we had a farm. So, with the packing and the moving, I've been slow to get going in the greenhouse. On Monday, I spent the day in the potting shed preparing the germination rack, picking up a pallet of potting soil, and seeding trays and flats of onions. The greenhouse itself doesn't have any heat. It once had a propane heater but the tank and pipes are outdated and wouldn't be serviced by a dealer without an overhaul to the system and money to make it happen. I haven't raised all the start-up capital yet, so spending money right now doesn't sound like a good idea. So, I'm trying to make do with the germination rack. I spent today insulating it and seeding more onions. It's snowing outside right now and the temperature has dropped to 7 degrees - 10 below with the wind. Next week doesn't look any better, with below zero temps and more snow.



The leaning tower of potting soil.



Getting ready to seed onions.



The germination rack, pre-insulation (and pre-below zero temps).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...