Why, Hello To You Too, Kale

There are really only two seasons on the farm: Off and On.

We've officially arrived at On.

That means we've started the slow, but still a little scrambled, upswing into the season. In our marketing (we're in full-on get-the-word-out mode for the Vegetable CSA), in our planning (how many turkeys to raise this year?), in our schedules (it's time for us to think about daycare) and in our minds -- spring has sprung.

Especially, in the greenhouse.

Onions!

Kale!

One thing the off-season gives us time for is dreaming up ways we'll do it right this year. And so far, we have two successes to report on that front: I'll let Jacob post later about our new and improved early-season greenhouse/heat situation, but my most exciting thing for the new season is a new pair of mud boots. It's a small thing, but I can't tell you how happy I am to have dry, totally fashionable toes, even if both my husband and Mom made fun of me yesterday for wearing these new Hunter boots (an ebay score noless!) off the farm. It's the little things, you know? Like warm toes and a heater that actually works, and seeds that actually sprout, and sun that actually shines.



It's Montana, I know, and therefore preemptive, but, let's hear it for Spring, eh?

Even if we still have to bundle up a little bit.


1 comment:

  1. Your kale is up already? I haven't even seeded mine yet (though it's been on my mind a lot). Drat...I knew I was behind w/ brassicas. Your seedlings look very happy. I am very happy too, with this Spring that has actual sunshine. That alone is a vast improvement over last year. Happy planting...(It looks like Willa's loving her rocking horse :-).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...