
It's been a gorgeous fall. I should be taking advantage of it by working my tail off in the garden, but I'm dragging my feet. I need to spread manure, but I can't get motivated to do it (mostly because our manure spreader is a pickup, a shovel, and me). It's backbreaking work, so I've been avoiding it.
When a friend and neighbor asked if I'd help drive truck for his harvest, I jumped at the chance. So, instead of slinging poo, Lydia the Dog and I have been driving loads of barley from the field to the bin, dumping it, back to the field, back to the bin, dump, field, bin, dump, field, bin, dump. It's easy on the back and the scenery is nice.


What I have finally accomplished is setting up the drip irrigation in the high tunnel and broadcasting winter rye and winter pea. Both have germinated and are popping through the soil as though it's springtime and not the beginning of November. It's a wonderful sight.

No comments:
Post a Comment