Start 'Em Young

I'll write again here someday, when I have this thing called time, which apparently disappears when you have a newborn. But, for now, to tide you over, a few photos of our new farmhand.



Here's Willa herding her first flock of turkeys. Jacob has been gone this last week, leaving Willa and I in charge of these darned birds. I'll regale you with the trials and tribulations of herding turkeys sometime but, suffice it to say that I will shed not a tear next weekend when they meet their maker.



Just look how excited she is. Or wait, maybe that's me. She's not so sure.



Here's Willa on the quilt that the board and staff of AERO, the Alternative Energy Resource Organization, got together and bought for her at the live auction at this year's annual meeting. In so many ways, the community of AERO has made what we do possible. From equipment to emotional support, AERO folks are always there for us. We just plain love these people.

Also, I might mention that in the top photos, Willa very likely has turkey poop on her somewhere. In the bottom photo, she is wearing cashmere (thanks to my friend Jule Banville, who handed this little outfit down from her adorable daughter Kate). This just goes to show that a farmgirl can be up to her elbows in both posh and poop in the same day. That's just how we roll.

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet! She is holding her head up well. Those Baby Bjorn things are a total necessity :) Do you have all your turkeys pre-sold already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie-we have about 4 different baby holders and I can't imagine life without them. Our turkeys are all accounted for. I'm sorry we missed you this year. Let me know if you want to be on the list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be such lovely weather for a turkey slaughter this weekend. Maybe it's their last revenge.....

    (I'm bringing hand warmers)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...